CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Lost Love Letters (#1)


Love letters lost are almost as sad as losing a loved one. Love letters are written with such intensity and for the puprose of invoking a passion. Love letters differ from a letter of complaint or one written with malice. Love letters are strategically planned out and they tell a story about the persons feelings. While I was clearing out an old factory in a nearby town I stumbled upon an envelope from 1988. The contents of the envelope consisted of two letters. These letters were written by a woman and addressed to a man. As I removed the letters from the envelope I could tell that they were personal. I could not put the letters down. I began to read. As the words entered my mind it was as if I were there, watching this woman write this letter. An entire scenery was painted before me. She wrote with such an eloquent and mature yet silly/innocent style. The first letter began:

Hi there Mr. W.,
Well, I did it again. We stayed too long at the beach! Ben & I got carried away with building sand castles & we lost track of time. I may regret this great tan later in life. I hope it's much later in life because I have a few things I'd like to do with you first!
Speaking of you, I think I'll tell you how much I appreciate your patience with me. It seems that I'm always taking off on trips, watching the clock, or telling you that I can't get out. How do you put up with it all? Anyway, this is the last of the trips. Both of them were planned before I met you. As far as watching the clock & not being able to get out, well, I'll work on those.
This is a little off track but I've been meaning to tell you that the ball field of the Hollow has been named the Ed Mandy Field. I thought that maybe he had died, but I guess not. Come to find out, he had something to do with it. Oh, well.
I think you know that I really really miss you. I miss your sexy mouth, the way you taste, the great way you smell, seeing you in those white pants, golfing with you, going to the beach with you, doing the puzzle, reaching those levels of ecstacy you bring to me when we make love, and just being with you. Saying 'I love you' makes me feel vulnerable but what the hell, I'll say it anyway. I love you...
-
Can you see what I mean? You can feel her passion in her writing. Sure, the beginning of the letter starts off very slow and silly but by the end you really know how this woman longs to be with this man. Why were these letters abandoned in this mans desk? It is heart-breaking to read these letters that were only meant for his eyes.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello

Justin_Michael said...

Hello back!

Anonymous said...

How privileged you were to have found those letters! I've stumbled upon memos, grocery lists, kids' homework, and photos--but never love letters. And the ones you found are timeless! I hope you'll keep them in good condition the rest of your life--and leave them for someone afterward!

Justin_Michael said...

@Scott- Yes sir. I agree that these letters were a real treat. I don't even know what compelled me to pick them up but I am glad I did. Not something you come across every day. Thanks for your comment.