CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, January 30, 2009

The Drug Dealers


I realized today that my job places me in a category in which I should not be bragging about. I am not alone though. My friend Mark has an entirely different job, although he may be put in the same category. We are both drug dealers. I work in a pharmacy and I sell drugs to people all day long. Of course, these individuals bring in prescriptions first, therefore making the transaction legal. It is still a deal though. These people grace my hands with money and I hand them the medication they want. My friend Mark is also a drug dealer. He has people addicted. People come to him daily and will wait in line for several minutes in order to get their fix. The business is very lucrative. My friend Mark is a server at a coffee shop. Coffee is considered a drug and he is selling it, this makes him a drug dealer. Yes, we are both legal to sell our drugs but it is interesting to think of your job in a different light.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Birthday wishes!!

Anonymous said...

first of all thanks for the kind & amusing comment on my post two pieces of a puzzle.
on this entry; that’s kind of an interesting point of view, but i nodded a lot, which must mean i approve haha :)

Justin_Michael said...

@Chloe- Haha. Sometimes I get a little carried away with my comments and responses. Thanks for shootin me back one.

silken said...

a fresh perspective! I worked in a pharmacy for five years, back before techs had to be certified. I once wrote a short story about a crooked pharmacist. hm, gotta see if I can find it....

Anonymous said...

@Silken- It's always fun to meet other people with similar stories. I could probably write a novel. I think I started in pharmacy during the certification transition. I started like 6 or 7 years ago. Crazy how fast time flies. Thanks for the comment.