CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Monday, January 26, 2009

This mess we're in


I wish this comic were funny...unfortunately it is true. Americans are weighing health risks with their costs. My step father is a physician who has owned a walk-in clinic for over 20 years. The business has always been profitable. His patients love his work and he gets a lot of people returning to see him. Over the last few months, he has seen a significant decline in patients. It is not that the patients are getting healthier, it's that unless there is a serious illness or injury more Americans are avoiding seeing a doctor. Although the economy is doing horribly right now, co-pays and premiums for insurance companies are still on the rise. This comic is funny but only in an ironic sort of way. I have faith that Obama will try to attack the insurance companies for being unfair. Let's see what the future holds.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is really making me angry and I sure hope that Obama will tackle this issue. It's not gonna be an easy task but something has to happen!

Anonymous said...

@Antje- Yeah, I talk to patients every day at the pharmacy who don't know how they can manage health costs with daily living. It is a very sad and difficult situation and I know there has to be a solution.

silken said...

this is how we've lived all along, now it is just that more and more people are feeling it....my dr. (PA) moved to a new clinic. I was going to go in, but w/ the new prices, never mind....